Post written by Leo Babauta.
Tim Ferriss’ new book The 4-Hour Body is now out and I’ve been reading it for a week now. It’s utterly fascinating.
Tim as you know is the author of The 4-Hour Workweek, a huge best-selling book, and his new book looks to be just as successful.
I had the pleasure of talking with Tim this week about his book. It was a great conversation — full of interesting and useful stuff. My apologies for the quality of the video.
- Why The 4-Hour Body is the book he always wanted to write [2:40].
- Why he made himself a guinea pig for crazy experiments [2:59].
- Whether or not I’ll have a Tim Ferriss body if I replicate his experiments [7:20].
- The ins and outs of self-experimentation [8:20].
- The most extreme experiments he conducted on himself [13:24].
- Tim’s sex experiments and how he found willing subjects (including an effective pick-up line) [16:56].
- The changes he recommends starting with, for those looking to lose fat and gain muscle [22:20].
- The effectiveness of a “before” photo in losing weight [28:25].
- Whether (and how) his methods can work for vegetarians and vegans [29:50].
- Leo’s hopes of becoming a testosterone sex machine [32:30].
- Why this book is by far the most important thing Tim has done [34:30].
It was a fun conversation, and again, Tim’s new book is a fascinating read.
Check the book out on Amazon (affiliate link): The 4-Hour Body.