Post written by Leo Babauta. Follow me on Twitter.
I get a lot of questions about GTD – what are the basic principles, how should one start. Well, the obvious answer is to start by getting the book. But I started without it, about a year ago, and I was able to get off the ground just with information on the web.
Well, I’m not going to explain the whole system in this post. Instead, I’ll provide some links to help you get started, if you’re a beginner GTD disciple.
Top Links for Starting GTD
- 43 Folders: Getting Started with GTD
- Black Belt Productivity: A GTD Primer
- What’s the Next Action: 21 links to start with GTD
- Wired: A guide to GTD
- Davidco’s Lisa Peak: 10 beginner behaviors
- Steve Lawson: GTD overview
- Mine Zone: Getting Things Done
- Davidco: Advanced GTD Workflow Diagram (pdf)
- Lifehack: Ask the Readers: Getting Started with GTD
- Email Zen: Clear Out Your Inbox
- 5 Ways GTD Helps You Achieve Your Goals
- My GTD Implementation
- Mind Like Water
- How to Do the Weekly Review in Under an Hour
- Weekly Review: Key to GTD and Achieving Goals
- Tips for GTD’s Ubiquitous Capture
- Cranking Widgets: Turning Your Work into Stress-free Productivity
- Why is GTD So Popular?