Note to my readers: This post will be the only time I will ask for donations (although I will leave a donation button in the sidebar) … if it bothers you, please skip this post.
I’ve decided to ask for your help to realize my dream of becoming a full-time blogger. It’s a dream that I’ve had for a few months now, and I think that if I stick with what I’ve been doing for another year or two, it will likely come true.
However, a couple of things have happened to spur me to ask for your help to make it become a reality sooner:
- I need to get a higher-traffic server, as the traffic for this site has caused crashes over the last week or two, which you may have noticed.
- Due to government budget cuts, I recently received a salary cut (as did everyone in my office) that reduces my day job salary by $1,000 per month. This will make it hard for me to continue blogging and still be able to pay my family’s bills and work towards eliminating my debt.
So, I am hoping that with a combination of the ads I have on this site, the free-lance writing I do, and the generous donations of you guys, I will be able to quit my day job (which pays very little now) and dedicate my time to creating the best content possible for this site.
I am not asking for payment for reading this site. It will always be free, and I will not create a “premium content” section either.
Donations are simply donations, and I am only asking for a one-time donation (or at the most, once a year). You are under no obligation to make a donation — you can continue reading, and there will be no hard feelings either way.
However, if you feel that this content is worth $25 a year donation, and you are able to do so, please click on the donation button at the bottom of this post and make a $25 donation (that’s my suggested amount, but you can donate more or less — however much you are able to give me).
So if you will get the content for free, whether you donate or not, why should you do it? Here’s a Top 10 list:
- If you like the content and find it valuable, you can give back a little for the time I’ve put into this site.
- The site will immediately be moved to a better server. That’s my first priority, so there will be no more crashes (I hope!).
- You can help a good man realize his dream.
- You are helping my family pay our bills, and my quest for debt elimination.
- I will have the site redesigned, to make the reading experience nicer and the navigation of the site more usable.
- I will thank you (silently), in my moment of gratitude, each morning.
- I will be able to focus more on the content of this blog, and give you the best stuff possible. I think the quality is pretty good now, but I think it can be improved if I have more time.
- I am thinking of creating some additional resources for this blog (worksheets, planners, charts, forms, etc.) that I will be able to accomplish if I have more time.
- I will be liberated from time and place. I will be able to travel and still blog, from anywhere, at any time. This isn’t really a benefit for you, but it will make me happy.
- You will receive the satisfaction of knowing that you have done something good today.
If you would like to receive these 10 benefits, your generous contribution would be appreciated. Just click on the button below.