Quick intro: This is one in a series of Top Productivity Hacks – little tips and tricks that are designed to make you more productive. At the end of the series I’ll post them all together in an overview.
Productivity Hack #2: Work off-line as much as possible
You’re doing it right now — the biggest distraction ever invented. The Internet can keep you occupied — and unproductive — for hours on end.
To increase your productivity, disconnect your Internet connection. Have scheduled times when you’re going to check your email, and only let yourself check your blogs or surf the web when you’ve gotten a certain amount done. When you do go online, do it on a timer. When the timer goes off, unplug again until the next scheduled time.
You’ll be amazed at how much work you’ll get done.
This is one of the best productivity tips I’ve ever used. Period.
Top 10 Productivity Hacks
- #10: Take care of your Most Important Things first
- # 9: Wake up early
- # 8: Simplify information streams, crank through blogs & email
- # 7: Declutter your workspace; work on one thing at a time
- # 6: Get to work early; work fewer hours
- # 5: Avoid meetings; when you must meet, make it effective
- # 4: Avoid unnecessary work
- # 3: Do the tough tasks first
- # 2: Work off-line as much as possible
- # 1: Do something you’re passionate about
- (More on Productivity)
- Purpose Your Day: Most Important Task (MIT)
- My Morning Routine
- How I Became an Early Riser
- Feeling Down? 7 Ways to Pick Yourself Up!
- Tracking My Goals (Ben Franklin hacked)
- Best Way to Jumpstart Your Day (evening routine)
- Top 20 Motivation Hacks
- Think About Your Life Goals
- Best 8 Way to Deal With Detractors
- Discipline is an illusion; Motivate yourself instead
- My Fav Procrastination Hack: 30-10
- Review Your Goals Weekly