The Unprocrastination Mini-Course
Welcome to the Unprocrastination Mini-Course! Here we’ll take a quick look at how the course is structured, how to get started, and how to get the most out of the course.
So it’s a four-week course, with a few bonus materials in the fifth week. Each week you’ll get a new module of materials, including articles, videos, and interviews with experts.
Each week you’ll also be asked to form a new habit. The first week’s habit you’ll continue to do throughout the course — you don’t stop the previous habits when you start the new ones, but instead build on them.
There will also be a forum, and you should use this forum to discuss amongst yourselves your changes, your problems, any questions you have about the materials.
How to Get Started
So there might seem like an overwhelming amount of things to digest and do — and you might procrastinate! Don’t worry — it’s not going to be hard, and you’ll be very happy when you see the results.
Start by skimming the articles in Week 1 — you don’t need to read them in detail. If you find an article that really interests you, feel free to dive in, but don’t let the amount of materials keep you from getting started. Just skim, and come back to them later.
Now get started with the first week’s habit. Just commit to 5 minutes a day. You don’t need to do a lot each day — a small bit.
That’s it! A bit of skimming, and 5 minutes of a new habit. An easy start.
Get the Most Out of the Course
If you want to get more than your money’s worth, you’ll want to commit yourself to this course. Here’s how to get the most out of the course and see the best results:
- Read the materials. Take notes.
- Do the habit for 5 minutes a day.
- Introduce yourself on the forums. Ask questions. Be helpful and friendly. Help others with your experiences.
- Keep the habits going all month, and beyond.
- Have fun doing it. (Most important.)
Unprocrastination Mini-Course: Week 1
- Overview: What is Procrastination, and How Do We Tackle It?
- Course Action Plan: Four Habits
- The Art of Choosing Important Tasks
- Building Awareness of the Procrastination Urge
- Video: Dealing with Guilt of Procrastinating
- Cheat Sheet: Procrastination Causes & Cures
- Video interivew: Entrepreneur Jesse Jacobs, owner of Samovar Tea Lounge, on getting things done