The 44: More on the Bodhisattva Path
Today I’d like to talk a bit about how I decided to embark on my personal mission, which is my version of the Bodhisattva Path. My mission is to help others with their struggles, help them transform the struggles and pain into mindful openness, gratitude and joy.
In fact, that’s what this entire 44 Training Program is about. We’re working on transforming our struggles into openness and joy. I hope it’s been helpful for you.
But why have I set myself on this mission? To make more money? To gain fame and glory? No, it’s because in my heart, I know that we’re all connected. If you are suffering, I am also suffering. It seems weird, but that’s how our world works: we all influence each other in so many ways, and the world we are living in was co-created by all of us. I have been created by all of you, in a way, by your willingness to take this program, and you’ve been created by me, in part, by how I’ve influenced you.
We are all co-creating each other, every moment.
With that in mind, how can we not help each other when we’re in pain? How can we not reach our hearts out to our co-creators?
Given this view of an interconnected world, I feel obligated to help others, to connect to others, in whatever way I can.
For me, and I hope for you too, this means:
- Not hurting others if I can avoid it.
- Stopping my habitual ways of hurting others (criticizing, yelling in anger, etc.).
- Being loving and compassionate.
- Being mindful of my own pain, and staying with that pain, fear and discomfort instead of running.
- Connecting with my own tender heart and basic goodness, so I can help others do the same.
- Being forgiving of myself when I am imperfect, seeing the goodness underneath my imperfect actions.
- And doing the same for others when they are imperfect.
- Loving myself and others in every way I’m capable of.
This is the Boddhisattva Path, as I see it. It’s working on my own difficulties and abilities to love, so that I can connect with others at this level and help them do the same.
I encourage you to explore this path in your own way. With love and presence. :)