The Zen Productivity Workshop
with Leo Babauta
From the creator of Zen Habits, an intimate 2-day workshop will help you:
- find focus & simplicity
- be less distracted
- procrastinate less
- be more organized & effective
- be more mindful & present during your day
- work and live consciously and with intention
New York City (Nov. 11 & 12) – done San Francisco (Nov. 18 & 19) – done
Los Angeles (Dec. 9 & 10)
San Diego (Dec. 16 & 17)
More workshops coming to a city near you! To be notified of future workshops, sign up here.
Our daily lives are filled with difficult problems:
- Inability to focus
- Fear of failure
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feelings of stress, uncertainty & anxiety
- Forgetting things, feeling unorganized
- Things lost in inbox, or inbox overflowing
- Always worried not doing the right thing or not using the right tools
- Don’t feel like you’re doing anything meaningful
- Feel lost in a sea of tasks, no direction
- Lots to do, but don’t get much done each day
Does any of that sound familiar? We all deal with most of these problems, on a daily basis.
This workshop will address these problems with a system called Zen Productivity, developed by Leo Babauta.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Align yourself with a meaningful mission
- Pursue a meaningful direction each day, and get stuff accomplished
- Find clarity on what high-impact tasks to work on each day
- Structure your day, with flexibility, to accomplish your mission
- Stay on top of your todo list and process your inbox to empty
- Strengthen your ability to be focused & mindful, and less distracted
- Overcome procrastination by training in discomfort & uncertainty
- Simplify to overcome the feeling of being overwhelmed
- Learn to deal simply with stress & anxiety
- Create space for play, stillness, exercise & meditation
- Allow for uncertainty in your life, and get good at being in it
These are amazing skills, and we’ll work on them together!
We’ll keep this fairly intimate, capping the group to 16 participants so we can get to know each other a bit, and we’ll use smaller spaces rather than huge auditoriums.
Leo will combine talks with hands-on activities and group discussion, and will provide downloadable materials to use in daily life (pdfs and videos).
Lunches and other meals will not be provided, but breaks will be available for participants to grab a bite between sessions. Light refreshments will be provided.
1st Session: Focusing on High-Impact Tasks & a Meaningful Mission
In this session, we’ll work on:
- Creating a mission with meaning
- Aligning your work & tasks with that mission
- Focusing on your high-impact, meaningful tasks each day
- Getting better at single-tasking and focus
2nd Session: Training in Focus & Overcoming Procrastination, with a Flexible Structure
We’ll figure out how to:
- create structure with flexibility in our day
- create a morning routine that lends itself to mindfulness, focus, gratitude and flexibility
- a method for keeping your todo lists organized
- a method for processing your inbox
- get better at overcoming distraction & procrastination
- daily practices that support all of the above
3rd Session: The Art of Simplicity & Uncertainty Training
Finally, we’re going to use simplicity and uncertainty training to address:
- being overwhelmed and feeling disorganized
- creating space in our days for play, exercise, meditation, stillness, reflection
- dealing with stress and anxiety
- getting good at pushing into discomfort
The Zen Productivity Practices
This might seem like a lot to cover in one workshop, and it is. We’ll cover a lot of ground, and practice as much as we can in a practical way.
But the key to this process will be the practices you’ll take away from the workshop into your day-to-day life. By putting these practices into action, you’ll get good at the skills we’ll discuss.
The practices will include:
- A weekly session for simplifying, and connecting your daily tasks to your meaningful mission
- Morning rituals to support mindfulness, simplicity, focus and gratitude
- Training sessions to help you get better at focusing, overcoming procrastination, pushing into discomfort, and embracing uncertainty
- Practice in daily stillness and quiet
- A way to flexibly adjust and stay focused as your day shifts
These practices will be the key to everything, and we’ll learn more about them during the workshop!
About Leo Babauta
Leo is the creator of Zen Habits, and he’s on a mission: to help the world transform fear & uncertainty into mindful openness and joy.
These workshops are a part of that mission. How can we stay centered, focused, mindful and joyful in the middle of a work day? In the middle of shifting chaos that is life? Zen Productivity is Leo’s answer.
Leo has held retreats, conducted workshops and given talks at the World Domination Summit, Camp GLP, Tribe Conference, Chataqua Ecuador, Zen Habits Mindfulness Retreat and more. He loves playing with his tribe, and having fun learning together with them.