By Leo Babauta
Today is my 40th birthday (April 30), and I decided that this year, instead of sharing a list of the lessons I’ve learned (38 lessons, 39th lesson), I’d change the tradition of birthday gift giving. This year, I’m giving presents to people I love (just small gifts), out of appreciation for them making my life better.
That includes all of you. You’ve made my life demonstrably and profoundly better, and I’m truly grateful.
So my gift to you this year is the 7-Day Vegan Challenge, a free challenge I’ve created in collaboration with some amazing vegan writers, nutritionists, and athletes.
What is the 7-Day Vegan Challenge?
- A fun challenge to try veganism.
- A way to find compassion for animals.
- A way to explore healthy eating, and yourself.
- Free meal plans and recipes from me and others.
- A Guide on nutrition, how to go vegan, and more.
It’s all free, no need to sign up for anything (though we do offer email reminders each day), no promotions of a new product line, no ads or popups. I’m not doing this to sell anything, just to offer an interesting challenge to the world.
It would mean the world to me if you would consider doing the challenge, and passing it on to others. Thank you!
How to Join the Challenge
It’s fairly simple:
- Commit to doing the challenge for 7 days (any 7 straight days you like). Add your name to the list of challengers.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues that you’re doing the 7-Day Vegan Challenge — and ask them to join you!
- Pick a meal plan in the Guide, or pick a recipe or two to start with. Buy groceries needed for the recipes.
- Sign up for the email reminders if you like.
- Start eating with your delicious new challenge diet!
- Read the Guide when you get a chance. Understanding the Why and the How really helps.
- Share your success! When you’re done, tell people how you did with the challenge. Tell people how you did on social media, or, you know, face to face.
The Little Book of Contentment
A 2nd gift that I’d like to give you for my birthday is a new book I’ve just written, just for you, called The Little Book of Contentment. It’s free, no email required to get it.
I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you all for reading Zen Habits. You’ve made my life better for being in it, and I will forever be grateful that we spent this time together.