“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
Post written by Leo Babauta. Follow me on Twitter.
Merry Christmas everyone! As a gift, I’d like to share with you my companion to The Power of Less — a free ebook called “THRIVING ON LESS: Simplifying in a Tough Economy“.
Go here to download the ebook for free. (Please note: click on the link to go to the download page — don’t click “save as” to save the ebook.)
From the introduction:
The recent economic recession has a lot of people worried, about their jobs, their businesses, their homes and their bills. When your income is dropping or in jeopardy and you still have a mountain of bills to pay, things can get pretty scary.
However, tough economic times do not have to be a time of struggles! If you look for the opportunity in the middle of difficulty, as Mr. Einstein suggested, then tough economic times become an opportunity to transform your life.
Table of Contents
1. A Simple Lifestyle
2. Focus on the Essentials
3. Thriving on Less, Not Struggling
4. Focusing on Enough, Not More
5. Make Small Financial Changes First
6. Look at Large Expenses for the Long Term
7. Changing Your Spending Habits
8. A Guide to Getting Out of Debt
9. Tools for a Frugal Life
I hope you enjoy it! Please feel free to share this free ebook with your friends through Twitter, email, Facebook, MySpace, forums, or your blog.
Be sure to also check out:
- The Book: The Power of Less
- Audio podcast: How to focus on one task at a time
- Audio podcast: How to tame your email