By Leo Babauta
Happy New Year my friends! Today I’m going to talk about how to start the year off right, with the Uncertainty Challenge we’ve created in my Fearless Living Academy …
If you’re feeling the New Year energy — which I love because it’s a chance at a fresh start — then the question is how to do you leverage that energy to the best results?
I love the mechanism of a monthly challenge. We’ve been testing out monthly challenges in Fearless Living Academy for more than a year now, through our Uncertainty Challenge, and it’s working incredibly well!
I’ll share more about how it works, and the new monthly membership for Fearless Living Academy (with a special 20% off if you sign up with the coupon code FLA-LOVE).
The Uncertainty Challenge: Get Better at Facing Resistance & Uncertainty Through Team & Structure
As I said, the Uncertainty Challenge has been producing some incredible results for our members. Here’s what we’ve put into the structure of the challenge that set people up for success:
- Clarity: The first week of the challenge, we ask people to set a clear target for themselves for the challenge. This act alone is responsible for a ton of progress, because most people aren’t setting clear targets for themselves in most areas of their lives. It makes a huge difference if you choose where you’re aiming for.
- Accountability & logging: We have people logging what they do each day, which gives some accountability but also a way to see your progress and notice where you’re getting stuck.
- Reflections: We ask people to periodically reflect on the progress they’re making, notice their sticking points, and draw learnings from their practice. This makes the most of the learning opportunity.
- Community: Challenge members are a part of a team of about 15-20 people, where you can share progress and struggles, get support, and encourage each other. Don’t underestimate the power of community for a challenge like this.
- Drills: We’ve created practice drills each week that help people to get better at their weaknesses, from facing fear and uncertainty to getting clear on their targets. These have been proving to be highly effective.
- Length of the challenge: The challenge is 4 weeks, which is about how long people are able to focus on something purposeful. For many people, that kind of focus is a stretch, so you’re expanding your capability. Others will say it’s too short, which is because they weren’t able to make the progress they were hoping for. That’s OK — we hold a new challenge each month, so you can keep going!
That’s the structure we’ve created, and it’s powerful. I’m really excited because we’ve been testing this for more than a year now, and it’s time to bring it out to a wider group of people who want to change habits and do something meaningful in the world.
Fearless Living Academy: New Monthly Membership with 20% January Discount
So Fearless Living Academy is our membership program that helps you create a meaningful live through habits, purpose and impact … with more than 30 video courses to help you change your life, and a community of people to support your journey.
Today we’re switching to a monthly membership pricing of $49/month (or $490 a year, giving you 2 free months) … and if you sign up now, you can use a coupon code FLA-LOVE to get 20% off forever.
If you do one thing today to change your life, please sign up for FLA and join our Uncertainty Challenge. In a year from now, you’ll remember this moment.