By Leo Babauta
I started simplifying my life in 2005, about 12 years ago, and since then I’ve not only learned a lot about it, but have written books on simplicity as well. It’s been one of the best changes I’ve made in my life.
Simplicity has brought less stress, more peace, better finances, more focus, and most importantly … space in my life for what’s most important to me.
Some of the key things I’ve been able to do because of simplicity:
- Get my finances in order and (eventually) get out of debt
- Have quiet time in the morning to meditate, read and do my most important work
- Make time for exercise, which helped me get in much better shape
- Make time for my wife and kids, where I didn’t have time before
- Create a business that I love
- Enjoy the spaces between all of the above
It might sound like I’m exaggerating the benefits of simplicity, but I really believe that it helped me with all those areas and more. Not magically overnight, but slowly and with effort, of course. But it happened, when I struggled with it all before.
So I’m doing a video course in my Sea Change Program this month called “Living the Simple Life.”
Here’s how it works:
- Every week this month I’ll publish two video lessons
- There’s a challenge to spend 5-10 minutes each day to simplify part of your life
- There are weekly check-in threads in the forum and discussion threads for each lesson
- I’ll hold a live video webinar on Simplifying & Letting Go on July 15
- I’ll also try to answer questions submitted on the forum
And here are the lessons in the Living the Simple Life course:
- Why Simplify, & What a Simple Life Looks Like
- Simplifying Possessions, a Little at a Time
- Simplifying Your Day
- Simplifying Finances
- Simplifying in a Simple Way
- Obstacles to Simplicity
- Simple Productivity
- 3 Keys to Living Life Simply
This is all included in my Sea Change Program, which you can sign up for today. You also get access to a huge library of other courses and content for changing your life, one step at a time. I hope you’ll join me, I’m really excited!