Post written by Leo Babauta.
I am very happy to share with you my new ebook, “The Effortless Life: A Concise Manual for Contentment, Mindfulness, & Flow.”
The book was meant to share ways to make life less of a struggle, to help you find contentment in a world where little exists, to instill a bit of mindfulness in an age of distractions.
If you’ve had problems with:
- being present
… this book was written for you.
The Effortless Life ebook and bonuses is $12 and as always, the work is uncopyrighted.
Loaded Value: This book is actually a full digital package that includes 3 ebooks and a couple bonuses:
- The Effortless Life ebook, in three formats: PDF, epub (for the iPad/iPhone and others), and mobi (can be used on the Kindle).
- The Simple Guide to a Minimalist Life, another of my ebooks that I think goes really well with this new book, a $9.95 value, PDF format.
- Thriving on Less, an ebook that was a companion to my print book, The Power of Less. PDF format.
- The Simple Method for Creating Habits, a brief bonus PDF that contains my habit-creation method that I teach in The Habit Course.
- The Effortless Life Q&A video, which I’ve recorded to answer common reader questions. It’s 31 minutes, online for buyers of this book only, downloadable to your computer if you wish.
This package could easily be worth $35-50, but you can purchase it below for $12.
Note: iPad and iPhone users … please see the Q&A below!
The book is also available in the Kindle store, but without the other ebooks, bonuses or video.
Table of Contents
- What is an Effortless Life?
- Guidelines for an Effortless Life
- Wu Wei and Doing Nothing
- True Needs, Simple Needs
- Reduce Your Needs
- Cause No Harm & Be Compassionate
- Have No Fixed Goals or Plans
- Have No Expectations
- The Illusion of Control
- Living with Chaos
- Living Daily without Plans
- Why Plans are an Illusion
- Be Open to the Unfolding Moment
- Don’t Create False Needs
- Be Passionate & Do Nothing You Hate Doing
- Don’t Rush, Go Slowly, & Be Present
- Create No Unnecessary Actions
- Find Contentment
- Let Go of Success & the Need for Approval
- Prefer Subtraction
- Changing Your Mindset & Getting Rid of Guilt
- My Experiments with an Effortless Life
- Be Like Water
- Equal Weight to Every Action
- Eating Simply
- Effortless Parenting
- Effortless Relationships
- Effortless Work
- Turning Complaints Into Gratitude
- Letting Go of Struggle
- Dealing with Others
- You’re Already Perfect
- Putting This Book Into Practice
- Effortless Writing & This Very Book
Questions & Answers
Q: I bought the book and downloaded it to my iPad/iPhone but can’t open it!
A: The package comes in a .zip file, which is a compressed file. Download it first to your computer, then unzip it, then you can read it on your computer or read the epub version on the iPad/iPhone in the iBooks app.
Q: How do I read it on my iPad/iPhone?
A: Unzip the package on your computer, then drag the epub version into iTunes on your computer. Then sync the iPad or iPhone with iTunes on your computer, and the book should now appear in the iBooks app on your iPad/iPhone. Detailed instructions.
Q: How do I read it on my Kindle?
A: Unzip the package on your computer, connect the Kindle to your computer, open the Kindle’s drive on your computer, and drag the “mobi” version of the ebook into the documents folder on your Kindle. Simple instructions can be found in this video.