Post written by Leo Babauta. Follow me on Twitter.
While some of you have been following Zen Habits since its early days (beginning of 2007), many of you are fairly new readers.
To help you through the fairly overwhelming archives, I’ve compiled a beginner’s guide. Kind of a Quick Start guide.
First, a note: Please don’t try to go through this all at once. There are days and days worth of reading here. I’ve just organized that so that you can go to the stuff you want to learn about first.
Take it in small chunks.
Where do you start when you have a thousand posts to read through? You start with the best, or at least the most popular.
So here they are:
The All-Time Most Popular Posts on Zen Habits
- 10 Benefits of Rising Early, and How to Do It
- 20 Things I Wish I Had Known When Starting Out in Life
- Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life
- The Cheapskate Guide: 50 Tips for Frugal Living
- A Guide to Creating a Minimalist Home
- 10 Tasty, Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap
- 30 Things to Do to Keep From Getting Bored Out of Your Skull at Work
- Get Off Your Butt: 16 Ways to Get Motivated When You’re in a Slump
- Top 42 Exercise Hacks
- Handbook for Life: 52 Tips for Happiness and Productivity
- Simple Living Simplified: 10 Things You Can Do Today to Simplify Your Life
- Top 20 Motivation Hacks – An Overview
But those are just the stars of the All-Star team. Next you’ll want to delve into some of your favorite topics. You can go through the main categories:
- Finance & Family
- Health & Fitness
- Goals & Motivation
- Productivity & Organization
Or you can go through a few compiled guides I’ve hand picked for some of the more popular categories:
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Simplifying Your Life, and Way More
- The Unsurpassable Productivity List: A Handy Guide to Getting Important Things Done
- All The Best Tips on Getting In Shape, In One Handy List
- The Golden Money List: Hundreds of Tips for Turning Your Financial Life Around
And if that’s not enough for you, here’s a month-by-month Best of Zen Habits:
- Best of March 2008
- Best of February 2008
- Best of January 2008
- Best of Zen Habits 2007
- Best of November 2007
- Best of September and October 2007
- Best of August 200
- Best of July 2007
- Best of June 2007
- Best of May 2007
- Best of April 2007
- Best of March 2007
- Best of February 2007
By now, you might want to know more about Leo, the guy who writes this blog … well, here’s more than you ever wanted to know:
- My Story
- Uncopyright (I’ve made all the articles on this blog in the public domain)
- Experiments in Blogging (results of the Uncopyright and more)
- Notes on Fatherhood
- Celebrating Zen Habits’ first birthday
- Notes on Life, and more Notes on Life
- How I Work
- 10 Books that Shaped My Life
- 10 Biggest Influences on Zen Habits
- 6 Annoying Fetishes I Talk Too Much About
- Ask Me Anything – 100 Question Extravaganza
- My blog about writing and blogging: Write To Done
- My ebook publishing site: Web Warrior Tools
- And lots of interviews with Leo: ProBlogger, Happiness Project, Personal Finances, Leo’s “Crib”, Effing the Dog, Parenting, My Tropical Escape, My Digital Setup, Balanced Life Center, On Open-Source Blogging, On Freelancing, On Work-Life Balance, Slacker Manager, Veg Blog, Frugal Living, Systems Overload, Online Entrepreurship, On Blogging, Success Soul, More on Happiness.
Whew! That was a lot of reading. Now you just need to subscribe (via RSS or email) to make sure you get the new posts as they come out. Oh, and if you like, you can donate, or buy one of my ebooks: Zen To Done or the Zen Habits Handbook for Life.
To keep this as a future reference, please bookmark it on del.icio.us or StumbleUpon.