‘Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.’ ~William James
Post written by Leo Babauta.
I’d like to share with you my ebook: The Little Guide to Un-Procrastination.
It’s something many people have been asking for — procrastination is a problem we all struggle with, and something I only began to overcome in the last few years.
And yes, I know you’re going to say you’ll read it later! But don’t. Here’s why:
- This book will help you figure out why you procrastinate, what fears are stopping you, whether you’re really motivated to do what you know you should be doing — and how to address these issues.
- You’ll learn a simple method that works extremely well for me — in fact I used it to write & design this ebook in three days.
- And most of all: because procrastination might be stopping you from achieving your dreams.
What Do I Get?
You’ll get a short, concise guide to beating procrastination, in digital format (PDF, with Kindle & epub coming soon). It’s full of all the best methods, tips, and advice I have on procrastination — things I’ve tested that actually work (see My Story). See the table of contents below.
You’ll also get:
- An interview with Tim Ferriss (phenomenally best-selling author of The Four-Hour Workweek & The Four-Hour Body) where he shares his favorite procrastination tricks, how he tackled his latest (massive) book project, and how he productively procrastinates.
- An interview with Zen Master and entrepreneur Mary Jaksch (one of the most productive people I know), who shares some very practical Zen-inspired tips for beating procrastination, for motivating yourself to exercise, for turning tasks you dislike into things you love.
The Table of Contents
There are 18 brief chapters:
- My Procrastination Story
- Why Procrastination Hurts Us
- When Procrastination is Good
- Why We Procrastinate
- A Simple Method
- Fine-tune Your Motivation
- Choosing Important Tasks
- Find Your Best Time
- Create a Distraction-free Workspace
- The Art of the Small
- Fear & Procrastination
- Reduce Friction to Get to Done
- Kill Choice
- More Procrastination Remedies
- Engineer Habit Change
- Procrastination Questions, Answered
The Little Guide to Un-Procrastination is $11.95, including the bonus interviews.
Q: Is this book in print format?
A: No. It’s a digital book only. If you buy it here, it comes in two formats: PDF and epub (for the iPad, for example). It’s also available for the Kindle.
Q: Can I buy it in the Kindle Store?
A: Yes. It’s on sale in the Kindle Store for $7.99, but that only includes the ebook, not the interviews.
Q: How long is this book?
A: It’s short — purposefully so. I didn’t want anyone to put off reading the book, so I kept it very concise. The PDF version is just 65 (short) pages. You won’t have trouble getting to the meat of the book, or getting to the end of it.
Q: I just bought your other book, Focus. How different are the two books?
A: There is definitely a fair amount of overlap. They cover similar methods for clearing distractions and single-tasking, and of course have the same philosophy. This book is aimed at people who are specifically looking for answers to the problem of procrastination, and is shorter, has fewer of the bonus resources, and is much cheaper. Focus is a broader manifesto looking at the problem of distraction in our modern lives, and how to solve that.
Q: Is there an affiliate program for the ebook?